This page describes the terms and conditions governing the use of this website (hereinafter the “Site”).
By visiting the Site you unconditionally undertake to comply with these terms and conditions.
As terms and conditions may be amended at any time, without prior notice, we advise you to consult them regularly.
1. Intellectual property
The Site belongs to and is operated by the Sanofi Group, (hereinafter the “Company”). The layout and each of the components, including trademarks, logos and domain names, appearing on the Site www. handshakes.ca, are protected by current laws on intellectual property, and belong to the French parent company: SANOFI or its subsidiaries, or their use is the subject of an authorization.
No component of the Site may be copied, reproduced, altered, edited, downloaded, denatured, transmitted or distributed in any way whatsoever, on any medium whatsoever, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Company, except solely for use for press requirements conditional on compliance with intellectual property rights and any other property rights that are mentioned. Only copying for private use is authorized for your own personal, private, non-commercial use, on your personal computer.
The following statement should appear on any authorized copy of all or part of the content of the Site: “COPYRIGHT 2018 Sanofi. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED”.
Any authorized use of items composing or shown on the Site must not be denatured, changed or altered in any way whatsoever.
Company or its subsidiaries reserve the right to take legal action against any breach of its intellectual property rights.
2. Nature of information
The purpose of this Site is to provide general information on the campaign A Lifetime of Handshakes.
Information published on the Site shall not be considered as an encouragement to invest. It should not under any circumstances be interpreted as prospecting or as a public offering, nor is it an offer to subscribe, buy or swap shares or other securities in Company and/or its subsidiaries concerned.
The Site is not intended to be used to report health concerns, adverse events or product technical complaints, or to ask technical or medical questions regarding Sanofi products. In all instances you should refer to your physician or pharmacist.
3. Links to other sites
The liability of the Company shall not be incurred by a third-party site that can be accessed via the Site. We do not have any way of controlling the content of such third-party sites which remain entirely independent of the Company.
In addition, you are responsible for taking the precautions necessary to prevent any infection from the Site, in particular by one or more computer viruses, Trojan horses or any other “parasite”.
External sites may include hypertext links to the Site. Any such links should not be created without the express prior consent of the Company. In any case, the Company is not in any way liable for the non-availability of such sites and the Company does not scrutinize, check or approve them and is not responsible for contents, advertising, products or other components available on or via those sites.
4. Personal information and other information
In accordance with federal and provincial legislation relating to the protection of personal information and privacy, you have the right to access, alter, rectify and delete personal data that concerns you. To do so, request as follows:
By post: Privacy Officer, sanofi-aventis Canada Inc., 2905 Place Louis-R.-Renaud, Laval, H7V 0A3
4.2 The Site is not intended to receive confidential information from you. Consequently, and except for personal data mentioned above, any information, whatever its form – document, data, graphic, question, suggestion, concept, comment or other – that you send us via the Site, will not under any circumstances be deemed confidential. Consequently, the act of sending it to us alone gives us the right to use it, reproduce it, publish it, alter it or send it with a view to dealing with your request.
5. Limitations on liability
The Company strives to the best of its ability to ensure that information published on the Site is accurate and up-to-date. It reserves the right to correct content at any time, without prior notice. However, the Company cannot guarantee that the information available on the Site is accurate, correct, up-to-date or complete.
Consequently, and except for property damage resulting from gross or intentional negligence by the Company, the latter declines any liability:
- for any inaccuracy, error or omission as regards information available on the Site;
- for any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party resulting in an alteration of information or items made available on the Site
- and more broadly, for any property damage or consequential loss, for any reason, of any origin, nature or with any consequences whatsoever, even if the Company had been warned of the possibility of such damage or loss, caused (i) because of any access to the Site or because it was impossible to access it, (ii) because of the use of the Site, including any harm or virus that may infect your computer or any other property, and/or (iii) because of the credence given to any information coming directly or indirectly from the Site.
The components of the Site or of any other site are provided “as is” without any guarantee of any kind, whether implicit or explicit. The Company does not offer any implicit or explicit guarantee, relative, without limitation, to their market value or suitability for any given purpose.
6. Availability of the web site
You acknowledge (i) that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free from any defect and that the Company cannot undertake to do so; (ii) that defects may lead to the Site being temporarily unavailable; and that (iii) operation of the Site can be affected by events and/or matters that the Company does not control, such, for example, as means of transmission and communication between you and the Company and between the Company and other networks.
The Company and/or its suppliers may, at any time, alter or interrupt, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the Site to undertake maintenance and/or make improvements and/or changes to the Site. The Company is not responsible for any alteration, suspension or interruption of the Site.
7. Information on products
8. Legal provisions
The Site and its content are governed by the Laws of the Province of Ontario, and any disputes relating thereto are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the district of Toronto, Ontario.
9. Terms and conditions
9.1 Publisher of the Site:
Sanofi Genzyme, a division of sanofi-aventis Canada Inc., 2700 Matheson Blvd. East, West Tower, Suite #800, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 4V9
9.2 Head of Publication:
Catherine Rose Cunningham, Head, Communications Canada
9.3 Site hosting:
Sanofi Genzyme Canada
2700 Matheson Blvd. East
West Tower, Suite #800
Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4V9
10. Photo / video credits:
Sanofi Genzyme, a Division of sanofi-aventis Canada Inc.
2700, Matheson Boulevard East, West Tower, Suite 800
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 4V9
Terms and Conditions were last updated 13 February 2018.
2. This Policy does not apply to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information by third-parties, where Sanofi Canada does not have any control over the collection of Personal Information or over their respective privacy practices.
3. Except for legal and regulatory requirements applicable to Sanofi Canada and for the Purposes outlined herein at Section 10, Sanofi Canada, its employees and service providers, do not have access to any Personal Information.
4. By “Personal Information” we mean any information collected, used by or on behalf of Sanofi Canada enabling to identify an individual. Personal Information may include but is not limited to the first name, last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, health related information.
5. Sanofi Canada is committed to privacy and the protection of Personal Information and this Policy complies with the Personal Data Protection Charter of the Sanofi Group and with applicable Canadian personal information and privacy laws and regulations
Collection Of Personal Information
6. Sanofi Canada may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth
- information relating to professional skills, credentials, experiences and interests
- health information in relation to one of our products, services, clinical trials or research
- health information to comply with our pharmacovigilance obligations or legal requirements as per applicable laws and regulations
- information necessary to complete a sale transaction such as a credit card number for processing an order via one of our online websites.
7. Personal Information may be collected in the following manner:
7.1 information provided by you:
- when contacting us or communicating with us via the telephone, by mail, email or facsimile regarding one of our products, services, websites or online initiatives
in your capacity as a healthcare professional
- online while visiting one of our websites or online initiatives
- online via one of our online websites or online initiatives in data forms and/or fields queries
- when using one of our electronic or mobile devices, applications or tools
- when registering for a warranty in relation to one of our products
- when participating in a clinical trial or research
- when submitting your resume to us for employment purposes
7.2 information provided by one of your healthcare professionals or member of your entourage regarding an adverse experience in relation to one of our products, further to your consent.
7.3 information derived from public sources or provided by service providers which information services are governed by separate rules of protection of Personal Information.
8. As the case may be, the collection of Personal Information may be governed by a disclosure document requiring your acceptance.
9. In the case of a clinical trial or research the collection of Personal Information will always require an explicit consent in compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and guidelines and the collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Information will be governed by the terms provided for in the consent.
10. Personal Information may be collected and used for the following Purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries on our products or services and to provide you with customer service further to your request
- in your capacity as a health care professional, to provide you with relevant information and assistance on our products or services and to manage our customer relationships
for the management of clinical trials, research or disease management programs
- occasionally, as permitted by applicable laws and regulations and if you have provided us with a prior consent to communicate with you, (via phone, mail, email or online) about our products, services, promotional offers
- for the registration or reservation in one of our websites or online resources
- to enable us to create your profile, customize and personalize the content, tools and resources available to you as a member of one of our websites, online resources or mobile devices, applications or tools and to grant you access to interactive tools which may be available such as blogs and forums
- to grant you access to one of our mobile devices, applications or tools
- to process a sale transaction for one of our products or services
- to permit us to improve our products, services, websites, online resources, mobile devices, applications or tools
- to allow us to enhance the quality of our services
- to process any product complaints, including to allow us to comply with regulatory requirements and submit reports to Health Canada and/or other relevant regulators in relation to an adverse experience with one of our products and to notify you of a product recall, as may be required by the regulatory authority
- to allow us to assess your employment application
11. Information may be consolidated and aggregated in an anonymous manner in order to generate statistics in relation to our products, services, websites, online resources, mobile devices, applications or tools or for reporting purposes to government authorities.
12. Any other collection and use of your Personal Information will be solely for the purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection, with your consent and as permitted or required by laws and regulations. Only the Personal Information necessary to fulfill the intended Purposes is collected.
Information We Share
13. We do not disclose Personal Information except as described herein, unless otherwise authorized and required by applicable law or relevant Court proceedings. Where Personal Information is disclosed, only the Personal Information necessary to fulfill the intended Purposes is disclosed.
14. Personal Information about you will be accessible only to authorized employees of Sanofi Canada and/or of its affiliates who need to have access to the Personal Information in order to perform their duties in relation to the Purposes.
16. Your Personal Information may be consolidated, aggregated and rendered anonymous for internal research or reporting to governmental authorities purposes and disclosed to third parties as such (i.e. in an unidentifiable manner).
17. The collection, use, and disclosure of information contemplated in this Policy may involve a transfer of the information to jurisdictions located outside your country of residence that may not have equivalent laws and rules regarding Personal Information. The reasonable contractual measures we may take to protect Personal Information while processed or handled by these third parties are subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, for example lawful requirements to disclose Personal Information to government authorities in those countries.
18. We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets or rights relating thereto. In such cases, we will use our best efforts to obtain guarantees that your Personal Information will continue to be protected as per the applicable Canadian personal information and privacy laws and regulations.
19. Sanofi Canada will only retain Personal Information as long as needed to fulfill the relevant Purposes. The Personal Information will be held primarily in an electronic database. The file containing your Personal Information will be made available to the authorized employees, third-party service providers of Sanofi Canada and/or its affiliates who need to access the information in connection with the Purposes.
20. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards and use appropriate commercially reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and all other unlawful forms of processing of the Personal Information in our possession.
22. Sanofi Canada respects and observes the provisions set forth in Quebec Act respecting the protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector (the “Act”) and any other applicable Canadian federal or provincial legislation regulating the protection of personal information in the private sector. To the extent there is additional protection afforded to an individual pursuant to the Act or any such other applicable privacy legislation, and same is not set forth herein, Sanofi Canada agrees to take such measures to give full effect to such additional protection.